Atletico Madrid – Barcelona 2-1
14th February- 20:00 GMT
- Atletico’s results have improved under Quique Sanchez Flores but despite impressive run in the Copa del Rey, their Primera Division form has been mediocre.
- In 2010 they have lost two of their four league games
- In September they’ve been smashed by Barcelona 5-2 at the Nou Camp
- They probably will save the season through the Copa del rey and earn a ticket for Europe next year, while they don’t have a chance for the top six positions in Primera Division
- But they still need points from this game to avoid any thoughts of a shock relegation.
- Atletico Madrid defense is by far the weakest link in the team, as they managed to keep a clean sheet only against Espanyol
- The Coach has almost full squad to choose from – the only missing is the injured Pablo Ibanez and Jose Antonio Reyes
- Barcelona have no problems in the attack – they are the team with best scoring record across Europe.
- Coach Guardiola has a major defensive headaches with lot of of players out;
- Gerard Pique and Rafael Marquez picked up red cards in the 2-1 win over Getafe last week;
- Besides his centrebacks Abidal, Dani Alves, Chigrinski and Toure are injured;
- Good news is that Puyol will be back after suspension, but I cannot even guess who will play with him at the back line;
- Messi has been in amazing scoring form in recent weeks with 12 goals in his last 9 matches
- With Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Ibrahimovic and Thierry Henry you should expect them to score at least 1 goal to the poor defence of Atletico M
MY PREDICTION – BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE with possible result 1-2
FINAL RESULT 2-1
9′ [1 – 0] D. Forlan
23′ [2 – 0] Simao
27′ [2 – 1] Z. Ibrahimovic
SELECTED ODDS for GG – 1.50 from EUROBET
View Video Highlights of Atletico Madrid – Barcelona 2-1