INTER – JUVENTUS 2-1
28th January – 20:00 GMT
Coppa Italia Quarter Final
- In early December Inter were defeated 2-1 by Juventus in Turin in Serie A
- Jose Mourinho’s side beat city rivals Milan, 2-0 at the weekend, despite ending the game with just 9 men.
- Although Inter will now be focused on coming up Champions League’s game with with Chelsea, they probably still aim to keep alive their hopes of a treble
- Dejan Stankovic and Cristian Chivu are both out due to injuries, Sulley Muntari is doubtful and Samuel Eto’o hasn’t returned from Angola
- Lucio and Wesley Sneijder, who were sent off on Sunday night, are suspended for weekend’s game, but both will play against Juventus.
- On home ground Inter Milan has won 9, drawn 2 and lost 0 matches.
Probable starting 11 (4-3-1-2): Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Santon; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Muntari; Sneijder; Pandev, Milito
- Juventus is maybe in the middle of the biggest crisis of his history – only one match of Coppa Italia won in last four and three consecutive defeats in Serie A;
- After home defeat to Roma at the weekend they went down from fifth to sixth place in Serie A.
- It’s a surprise to many that Ferrara is still in charge of Juve, but there are reports that a defeat on Thursday will get him sacked
- Vincenzo Iaquinta, Martin Caceres, David Trezeguet, Sebastian Giovinco, Christian Poulsen, Luca Marrone, Claudio Marchisio and Hasan Salihamidzic have all been ruled out due to injuries
- Zdenek Grygera, Nicola Legrottaglie, Mauro Camoranesi, Momo Sissoko and Diego are reportedly struggling for fitness
- In addition De Ceglie, Amauri, Zebina, Del Piero, and Diego, are now all questionabble for today’s match due to a viral gastroenteritis, which ran through the group
- At least Gianluigi Buffon and Fabio Grosso, who are suspended for the weekend fixture will start.
- I don’t think really depleted Juventus could be a serious opponent to the stronger team at the moment.
Probable starting 11 (4-3-1-2): Buffon, Grygera, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Grosso; Sissoko, Candreva, Felipe Melo; Diego; Del Piero, Amauri
MY PREDICTION – INTER TO WIN with possible result 2-0
FINAL SCORE 2-1
BEST (DROPPING) ODDS for 1 – 1.80 from GLOBET
VIEW VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OT INTER – JUVENTUS 2-1