ROMA – UDINESE
4th February- 20:00 GMT
Coppa Italia Semi Final
- Roma are currently third in the Serie A table with 41 points from 22 matches with same points as second-placed Milan
- The Giallorossi have been going strong in the Coppa Italia too and would be backing themselves for a place in the final.
- They had some hard time in the weekend against Siena, won 2-1 with late goal of Okaka, but Totti, Toni and Vucinic missed that game
- Jérémy Menez is unavailable for the today’s fixture because of a flu syndrome while Luca Toni is injured
- Their key players Totti and De Rossi are struggling with injuries but both plus striker Vucinic are expected to start against Udinese.
- Ranieri’s priority is Serie A, but he won’t set Coppa Italia aside, so I expect his players to take this match seriously.
Probable starting 11 (4-2-3-1): Doni, Motta, Mexes, Burdisso, Riise; De Rossi, Pizarro; Taddei, Perrotta, Vucinic; Totti
- Udinese’s season is getting out of control as the side once expected to fight for a European place is currently just one place and one point above the relegation zone.
- But Bianconeri have been doing quite well in the Coppa Italia and defeated Milan at Giuseppe Meazza 1-0 in the quarterfinals
- The announced line-up shows that Udinese won’t calculate, and they will fight with all they have against Roma
- Siqueira, Romero, Domizzi and Ferronetti are unavailable for the trip to Rome
- Pepe, Sanchez, Isla, Basta, D’Agostino and Handanovic appear to be struggling for fitness
- Winning against Roma at the Stadio Olimpico is not exactly out of their reach but Udinese should be happy with a draw, which will put them in a good position for the return leg
Probable starting 11 (4-3-3): Handanovic, Basta, Coda, Lukovic, Pasquale; Sammarco, D’Agostino, Inler; Floro Flores, Corradi, Di Natale