- Egypt won all three games at the group stage – Nigeria 3-1 in their opening game and followed it up with 2-0 convincing wins over Mozambique and Benin.
- They set a new record for the highest number of games unbeaten in the Nations Cup after going 16 games without a loss.
- Coach Hassan Shehata has led Egypt to win the cup in the two previous competitions and he is looking for another win
- Benguela stadium is known to them because they’ve played all their group games there.
- Egypt’s playmaker Mohammed Zidan and the strikers Emad Moteab and Mohamed Geddo showed an excellent form in Angola.
- Hassan Shehata used the game against Benin to rest a couple of starters before this quarterfinal
- There is fitness doubt over their captain Ahmed Hassan, but probably he will be fit and could win a record 170th cap.
- The coach likely to start with a same squad to that which started the Nigeria game.
- Everybody expected The Pharaons to struggle in ihe absence of the influential Mohamed Aboutrika and several other key players, but …
- A pre-tournament favourite, Cameroon made a very disappointing start as they lost by a lone goal to Gabon
- Samuel Eto’o in partnership with the imposing Mohammadou Iddrisou will be a difficult task for the Egyptian defence to solve.
- But The Lions still failed to score even once in the first half so far in this tournament
- Their defence has looked too shaky, conceding goals too easily and fans begin to question about inclusion of the veteran Rigobert Song
- Cameroon have an ability to come through on the biggest occasion when their backs are to the wall.
- Coach Paul Le Guen knows his team’s strength is in attack and he will instruct his boys to attack and attack some more.
- He is expected to start with unchanged line-up to that which played the Tunisia game
VIEW MATCH HIGHLIGHTS of Egypt vs Cameroon 3-1
Egypt v Cameroon
Tagged with: African Cup of Nations • Angola 2010 • Cameroon • Egypt