27th of January 2010 01:12 PM
Coupe de la Ligue, France
27 January 2010, 19:45 GMT
French Coupe de la Ligue
- Slowly, slowly Marseille seem to be improving – last week they got am important draw away at Bordeaux, and a win against Le Mans
- The best chance Didier Deschamps’ side of winning anything this season is the League Cup and that is why I expect the hosts to try to win the game.
- Charles Kabore has returned from the Africa Cup of Nations, Taye Taiwo and Stephane M’Bia are still there, but it’s not 100% sure yet if Bakari Kone will be back in time from Angola to take part in this game.
- Even without him Brandao and Niang are always a danger for any defence.
- Influential defender Gabriel Heinze could be sidelined for up to a month after injuring his hamstring, Fernando Morientes is injured too.
- Lille was thrown out of the Coupe de France by CFA team Colmar with their second string side on the field.
- They recorded impressive seven straight wins during the last few weeks but they have been landed by the defeats to Sochaux and Colmar.
- Coach Rudy Garcia probably will start with his strongest line-up to reach the Cup semi-finals and to make the fans forget the result against Colmar.
- Defender Nicolas Plestan is still injured, while midfielders Balmont and Debuchy are suspended, but the good thing is that they have good replacements
- Talented striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is coming back from Angola, and we may see him in the field, but Aurelien Chedjou and Gervinho are still there
- Lille has very attacking potential – they are the highest scoring team in French Ligue 1
MY PREDICTION BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE with possible result
FINAL SCORE 2-1!!!
7′ [0 – 1] T.d. Melo 10′ [1 – 1] L. Gonzalez
81′ [2 – 1] M. Valbuena
SELECTED ODDS for GG- 1.83 from UNIBET
View video match report Marseille – Lille 2-1
CDL Marseille-Lille quart 2010
- Share this on del.icio.us
- Digg this!