28th of January 2010 01:59 PM
African Cup of Nations, International
39′ [0 – 1] H.A. Rabbou (pen.)
65′ [0 – 2] M. Zidan
81′ [0 – 3] M. Abdel-Shafy
90′ [0 – 4] M.N. Gado
Thursday, 28 January – 19:30 GMT
(TV – Live on Eurosport)
- Their most recent game with Egypt in a play-off in Sudan was won 1-0 and handed Algerians a place at the finals in South Africa.
- The performance of the team obviously has improved, as the tournament has progressed – they start with the shocking defeat to Malawi 0-3 in the opening game, but then Rabah Saadane’s team beat Mali 1-0 and draw peacefully 0-0 with hosts Angola.
- Algerians scored three goals against a hot favorite Ivory Coast side, having twice come from behind.
- Playmaker Karim Ziani was passed fitness test after a thigh problem, and goalkeeper Faouzi Chaouchi – one of the heroes in win over Ivory Coast – has also been cleared.
- The coach is able to field his strongest line-up against the Pharaohs and I don’t expect to see any changes to the starting line-up.
- Abdelkader Ghezal will again operate as a lone striker, with a big help from Meghni, Matmour and Ziani.
- Coach Hassan Shehata has led Egypt to win the cup in the two previous competitions and he is looking for another win
- Egypt won all three games at the group stage – Nigeria 3-1 in their opening game and followed it up with 2-0 convincing wins over Mozambique and Benin, then overcome Cameroon 3-1 in the quarterfinal
- Their solid defence and tight midfield ease their fast counterattacks that have helped them score 10 goals at this tournament
- Benguela stadium is known to them because they’ve played all their group games there, and the quarterfinal
- The coach probably will field the same side that beat Cameroon, although excellent midfielder Gedo is pushing for the starting place.
- I don’t think Algerians can match them in terms of quality and team spirit, and I think Egypt will progress to the final
MY PREDICTION IS EGYPT TO QUALIFY with possible result 1-1 and 1-2 at ET
FINAL SCORE 0-4
SELECTED ODDS for 2 – TQ- 1.60 from UNIBET
VIEW VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF ALGERIA – EGYPT 0-4
Egypt 4 GOALS AGAINST Algeria
SIMILAR BETTING TIPS: